Setup Big Data Development Environment Mac & Windows, Big Data is open source and there are many technologies one need to learn to be proficient in Big Data ecosystem tools such as Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Pig, Sqoop etc. This course will cover how to set up development environment on personal computer or laptop using distributions such as Cloudera or Hortonworks. Both Cloudera and Hortonworks provide virtual machine image which contains all Big Data ecosystem tools packaged. This free course will provide
Setup Big Data Development Environment Mac & Windows
– Comparison of Virtualization software such as Virtualbox and VMWare
– Step by step instructions to set up virtualization software such as VirtualBox or VMWare
– Choosing Cloudera or Hortonworks image
– Step by step instructions to set up VM using chosen image
– Setup necessary additional components such as MySQL database and log generation tool
– Review HDFS, Map Reduce, Sqoop, Pig, Hive, Spark etc
What are the requirements?
- Students need to have modern laptop with 64 bit OS and at least 16 GB RAM
What am I going to get from this course?
- Understand how to setup development environment to learn big data technologies.
What is the target audience?
- Anyone who want to learn multiple technologies in Big Data ecosystem. They need to have basic programming skills.
- Lectures: 37
- Length: 5 hours
- Skill Level: Beginner Level
- Languages: English
– Section 1: Introduction
– Section 2: Cloudera Quickstart VM on VMWare Fusion
– Section 3: Cloudera Quickstart VM on Virtual Box
– Section 4: Hortonworks Sandbox on VMWare Fusion
– Section 5: Hortonworks Sandbox on Virtual Box
– Section 6: Setup IDE for Map Reduce
– Section 7: Setup IDE for Scala and Spark